Skip to main content

I Deserved A Better Goodbye

We three were just waiting for the bus in New Delhi bus stand. We all were fully excited because this was our first trip together and we made it after 3 years of college graduation.Bus arrived and we all were in the bus with full of happiness that finally we were going.
I asked her "Maine bahut pehle is trip ke bare me socha tha aur finally hum tino ja rahe hai".
She said "Han par itna excited mat ho abhi pahuche nahi hai".
I replied to her "Tu kab se itna negative sochne lagi, pehle to bas mai hi negative socha karta tha".
I continued with Aman "Bhai hum n koi shasti si jagah reh lenge kyunki jyada time ghumne me chala jayega bas thoda time hi to rest karenge".
He nodded his head with agreement on my opinion and just smiled.
This was my second trip in Himachal Pradesh but i was too excited to see snow, hills and those river are amazing.
In the window seat of bus with one vacant seat i was enjoying the surrounding outside the bus. I was asking to myself that are you really happy and the answer was yes, i am happy but not satisfied with this trip because i was missing someone very badly.

There was a long way of our journey and i don't think that i will be able to forget her for few hours. Bus was running at higher speed and for dinner we stopped at Murthal. This was the second time we ate paratha in Murthal with my buddies.
We were involved in talking and didn't realised that Murthal came, we ordered some paratha and curd.
After the dinner we came back to bus but my nearby seat was not vacant. I saw there was a girl who just trying to adjust with that seat. I asked her for giving me some space to go to my place and she did. Bus started running at their higher speed and they were busy wein talking with each other. Lady besides me was enjoying her song at full volume as i presumed that with my intuition.

Monisha and Aman got some sleep after 11 pm because they were really tired.
Actually i didn't get sleep till 12 and now she also got bored with her music so she just started a conversation with me.
She asked "Kasol or Manali"?
I replied "Manali and Aap kaha tak jaogi"?
She said "Chandigarh tak, vaha mere relative rehte hai".
I said "Badhiya".
According to her that conversation already ended few seconds ago but dumb like didn't understood the sign of ignoring me.
I said "Aap kya karti hai"?
She replied "Project manager hun Delhi me hi".
In her tone irritation was clearly visible and why all girls thought that boys are taking their chances.
My mind was like "Jab 4 sal me kisi ko impress nahi kar paya to 4 ghante me kya hi kar loge"

So many things was running through my mind that why she isn't with me,why me?
Same question i asked myself everyday,every night and my eyes were full of tears, i was seeing all the vehicle light coming closer and disappearing slowly and slowly. I was entering in the other world when i was still aware of this real world. After sometime i got sleep.
Next morning i woke up again my nearby seat was vacant and we were at hill area there roads were not good for speed. We took rest and ate our breakfast. In the 4 pm we reached Manali and we stayed in hotel.

After refresh we met 6pm at bonfire, i was standing little far from where people were gathered to get some warmth, Monisha came and asked "Aur bhai, bonefire to idhar hai tu vaha tare kyu gin raha hai".
I said "Achcha lagta hai, kabhi kabhi khud ko waqt dena chahiye".
She smiled and said "Sahi hai but abhi tu apne sath aaya hai n to sath me rehte hai, ok".
I turned around and started walking towards bonefire, she looked at my face and said "Ro raha tha kya"?
I said "Nahi, bas kuchh chije yad aa jati hai".
She said "Tum abhi bhi use hi yad karte ho".
That time i really needed her because in the last 7 years she listened me continusly said that
 "Use chapter ko bhul jao, aage badho bahut kuchh hai".

I started telling her that "Mai bahut sari jagah ghumna chahta hun, India me foreign me par uske sath. I know ye sab possible nahi hai n hoga par jab bhi use apne sath imagine karta hun ki hamara ek future hai to vo mere life ki happiest moment hoti hai. Mujhe ye bhi pata hai ki is life me usse kabhi mil bhi nahi paunga, par phir bhi khayal uska hi aata hai".
She said "Koi na, ho jayengi chije thik".
I said "They all were right that she is not the one. Nahi hai yaar hum ek jaise mujhme aur usme aasman zamin ka difference hai agar vo kisi riyasat ki queen hai to mai vaha ka majdoor hoon".
At that moment i was liking full of anger, cry and it was like my heart was burning.

With my full patience and expectation i asked to Monisha "Mujhe ek chij puchhna tha usse par ab usse to puchh nahi sakte tu hi bata yaar mai ek chance bhi deserve nahi karta tha, just one chance to prove my love in front of her. Jab aakhiri bar mila bhi to use pata hi nahi tha ki ye aakhiri mulakat hai".
I was crying and saying to her that "i deserved a chance Monu and i deserved a better goodbye not because of what i feel for her because of what i earned in those 4 years with all of you".
At that time Aman was approaching towards us and i wiped my tears and with suppressed smile i asked to Aman "Chale Bonefire ke liye" and we three were going to take some warmth of new comfort beyond the office work in Manali.



Ab ye kahani bhi nahi rahegi, kuchh alfaz the jo tumhare liye likhe the vo bhi kahi is bhid me gum ho jaya karengi. Ek aisa bhi lamha aayega jab tum apni career, Apni family, apni relationship ke alawa pyar aur nafrat se pare us waqt pe jab tum college ki purani tashvir ko dekhogi to shayad kai tashviro ke bad kisi tashvir me gum se hum bhi dikhayi denge ek ajeeb sa khyal aayega tumhe aur ek ek karke sari yadein tumhare samne hongi.

Vo aakhiri mulakat jiske bad hum kabhi nahi mile, vo aakhiri khat jo maine tumhare liye likha tha sab kuchh naya sa hoga aisa mano ki kuchh hi mahino ki bat hai, ek ajib si betabi hogi us ajanabi ke liye, ek ajib si guilt hogi tumhare man me aur dil bhari ho jayega khyal me sirf hum honge aur tab tumhari aankhon me aansu ki boondein hongi jo ye saboot degi ki jane vala ajnabee nahi tha.


Hum sab ek jaise hi to hai apni life ke liye apne dosto se alag ho gaye, hamari salary hamaari khushiyon se jyada important ho gayi, ye soch kar sab dur ho gaye ki hum sab me koi to pehal karega par ab bahut der ho chuki hai, hum ek shehar me to hai par ek dusre se bahut dur apni jindagi ki kuchh aakhiri lamho ko behtar banane ki nakam koshish kar rahe hai.




Comments